Friday, November 19, 2010

The Great Led Zeppelin Countdown Results

Q104.3's Carol Miller asked fans for their top three Led Zeppelin songs. So here's what the fans said are their favorites; #1 may surprise you. I'm not a big fan of lists for a couple of reasons. For one, people usually get pretty nasty when you have a debate over such things and secondly, lists have have a tendency to diminish. For example, you don't see "The Rover" on this list, so does that mean that it's a bad song? Of course not.

I must admit I voted a few times. I can't remember exactly, but it was some variation of "Achilles Last Stand," "Ten Years Gone," "Stairway," "Hey Hey What Can I Do," and there may have been another song or two. For me, when it comes to The Who and Led Zeppelin there are just too many great songs to narrow it down. By the way, Carol Miller "Gets the Led Out" every weeknight at 8 during her show and during the Jim Kerr Morning Show at 8.

#15 - Tangerine
#14 - Immigrant Song
#13 - Black Dog
#12 - The Ocean
#11 - The Rain Song
#10 - Over the Hills and Far Away
#9 - Ramble On
#8 - Dazed and Confused
#7 - Since I've Been Loving You
#6 - Whole Lotta Love
#5 - When the Levee Breaks
#4 - Ten Years Gone
#3 - Achilles Last Stand
#2 - Stairway to Heaven
#1 - Kashmir

1 comment:

  1. Mine are: Tangerine, When the Leeve Breaks and Stairway To Heaven......

    ReplyDelete