Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Who - Amazing Journey/Sparks 1970 Denmark



So continuing on a thought from my last post that with Roger Daltrey performing Tommy at this year's TCT show and Pete Townshend not taking part, that means that someone else will play "Sparks."

Uh oh, you don't tug on Superman's cape folks! I wonder who Roger has in mind to step in for Pete, could it be Brian May?

So this gave me a reason to post an "Amazing Journey/Sparks" video, which of course I never need any reason to listen to "Sparks."

For this one, we'll travel back to 1970 and Aarhus, Denmark. I don't know how I stumbled upon this one, but I'm glad I did. Although, come to think of it I do consider myself to be a "Sparks" connoisseur so I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised. The "Sparks" portion begins around the 3:15 mark.

Another great version from the "Tommy era!"

No comments:

Post a Comment