Friday, March 11, 2011

John Entwistle's Mom Has Died

John Entwistle's mom has passed away. This was posted by John's son Chris on his Facebook page on March 10:

Hello everyone. Would have posted later this morning once I had spoken to some people that I cannot contact until Monday am. However, the news seems to have leaked out .... so, for those of you who don't know yet, I am very sad to say my grandmother Queenie passed away at 2:45 pm on Friday. She had gone into Cheltenham Hospital having suffered a stroke several weeks ago. Even though the left hand side of her body was paralysed and she was suffering from a bad chest infection, her voice was back to the point where she could shout at nurses anyway!?!

She was appearing to rally and get better. We were talking to her about moving into a very swish nursing home in Stow to convalesce. But on Friday morning the stroke extended and she lost the right hand side - she couldn't rally from that. I was thankfully able to be with her, as were my mother and stepfather. Thank you so much for all your kind messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment