Friday, October 22, 2010

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes



I've been looking for a version of "Behind Blue Eyes" that really "fits" - I'll have more on that at a later date - but I think I've found it. This 2005 performance is of Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey in New York at Gotham Hall for Samsung's Four Seasons of Hope, an annual children's charity fundraiser.

For me, the emotion expressed in Roger's singing is real and extremely heartfelt. The amazing thing about these guys is that Pete wrote the song and then Roger brings it to life. The video quality is decent, nothing great. But that's fine for me. I'm not into everything having to be remastered and touched up to be "perfect." That Gotham show should be available on DVD because Pete and Roger really put on a superb performance from the few videos I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment