Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Who - Love Reign O'er Me



It's been two years since The Who toured the U.S. and recently Roger Daltrey said the band will do something next year. I figure it will be like 2002, where they'll do maybe 30 shows in the U.S. and some in the U.K. If the tour is in the spring or summer I could see them doing one of the festivals in addition. I like the idea of an "albums" tour; doing something different each night, but I get that's a lot of work. Roger even said he would like to do Quadrophenia one night, Tommy the next and then a "greatest hits" show mixed in.

For me, if they come to this area I'm there. Selfishly I'd like to see Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey take a time out while on their tour and play the site of Woodstock, now known as the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts. Pete has played on the site since the original show in 1969, but Pete and Roger together have not. An acoustic show in an intimate setting - I think the place holds a few thousand - could be filmed for DVD or whatever and I think it would go over pretty well. Don't get me wrong I love seeing Pete and Roger with Zak Starkey and the guys, but just Pete and Roger might turn out to be something pretty special.

Anyway, the above video of "Love Reign O'er Me" is from that tour in 2008 when the band made a stop at the IZOD Center in New Jersey, which is sometimes called the Meadowlands Arena. I was at that show; great times.

No comments:

Post a Comment